The second ancient settlement is Shepperton Green, which as Upper Shepperton is first mentioned in 1293.

Until the 1860's it remained a small village along the narrow green (inclosed in 1862) through which ran the road now known as Watersplash Road. By the 18th century there were also a few houses in Sheepwalk Lane at Pool End, as it was called in the 19th century. There is still a pair of 18th-century cottages here and several of the 19th century, and there are some 19th-century houses farther north in Watersplash Road. Halliford is mentioned in 962 and there was a settlement there by 1194.

Upper and Lower Halliford are not distinguished by name until the late 13th century, but Lower Halliford was almost certainly the main settlement of the manor, with Upper Halliford in Sunbury parish as a hamlet. Lower Halliford like Shepperton lies along the main road from Kingston to Chertsey on the outside of a northward loop of the Thames. The houses stood along the north side of the road and round the green, which still survives with the small manor-house hidden in the trees at the east end.

Round the green and in Walton Lane and Russell Road are a number of houses built in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, among them Battle Crease Hall, Thamesfield, and Halliford School, all brick houses of the late 18th century. Several others were built as riverside residences, and in Russell Road is a long group of stucco-fronted buildings, including three inns, which face south towards the river. Of the inns the 'Red Lion' occupies a partly-17th-century building, and the 'Ship' a much altered one of the 18th century. Both were mentioned in 1723.

'Town End', which was referred to in 1639 and later, was probably one of the settlements already described. Except possibly for the almshouses on the north side of Windmill or Walton Bridge Common, there were no isolated buildings in the parish until the second half of the 18th century, during which Walton Bridge House and Watersplash Farm were built. Later a few houses appeared to the south of Lower Halliford in Walton or Windmill Lane.

In the Middle Ages most of the parish was occupied by open fields and commons. West Field and East Field are mentioned in 1376, and North Field in 1424 and 1650. From the middle of the 17th century there are frequent references to the open fields under the names they bore at the inclosure of 1842. At that time East Field lay on the Sunbury side of Walton Bridge Road, and Shepperton Field, which is perhaps identifiable with the earlier North Field, lay north of Lower Halliford village reaching from Shepperton Green to Gaston Bridge Road.

West of Shepperton Green was Littleton Field and between that and Chertsey Road lay Upper Field or Upper West Field. The small Lower West Field lay south of the same road and east of the Range. West and East Common Meadows are mentioned in 1420. The name East Mead may refer to a meadow of that name within Halliford manor and just over the Sunbury parish boundary. In the early 19th century Town Common Meadow occupied the alluvial strip from Lord's Bridge to Pool End. Other common meadows lay between the Range and the present Ferry Lane.

The largest common was the Range, in the southwest of the parish, which contained about 60 acres. Cowey on the south side of Walton Bridge is mentioned in 1425. Windmill
Common lay at the north end of Walton Bridge and there were other smaller greens. In the 18th and early 19th centuries the Range was the scene of many contests of all kinds, and several well-known boxers fought there.

Some small pieces of land around the settlements may always have been inclosed. There was some inclosure of open-field land around Fordbridge Road in the 17th and perhaps 18th centuries. An inclosed sheepwalk, possibly of some age, existed by the 18th century. The remaining open fields and meadows were inclosed in 1842, and the commons in Shepperton manor, including the Range, in 1862. Cowey, Windmill or Walton Bridge Common, and Lower Halliford Green, all of which lie within Halliford manor, still remain uninclosed.

The most important medieval highway was of course the River Thames. In the late 13th century and the 14th it carried away the barley grown at Halliford and brought in building materials. In the 17th century and later Shepperton was a recognized barge halt and in the early 19th century was the headquarters of several owners of barge horses. With the opening of the Desborough Cut across the Surrey bank in 1935 the loop at Shepperton and Halliford has been by-passed. The only main road in the parish ran from Kingston to Chertsey through the villages of Lower Halliford and Shepperton.

There was a bridge over the Thames at Kingston by the 13th century and one at Chertsey by the 14th, while Hoo Bridge over the Ash between Shepperton and Sunbury parishes is first mentioned in 1293. Between Lower Halliford and Shepperton the road may once have run nearer the river and in a more direct course than it does now. Shepperton Bridge, which is mentioned between 1274 and 1410, may have crossed the stream at Lower Halliford in this road. If this was so, the road was probably diverted inland in the 15th or 16th century to form the present Church Road, which crosses the stream at Lord's Bridge. This bridge is first mentioned in 1651 and is described in 1658 as a packhorse bridge.

Other roads probably dating from the Middle Ages are Charlton Road, Watersplash Road, Sheepwalk Lane, Walton Lane, and the road which formerly led from Gaston Bridge to Walton Ferry. The southern part of this road still remains as Felix Lane. In 1959 there were still footbridges with deep fords beside them, over the River Ash in Charlton Road and Watersplash Road. There was probably a ferry across the Thames at Shepperton village by the 14th century. This was held with the manor and was much used in the 17th century. Later, at least, it was a horse ferry. Mayes Bridge, mentioned in 1651 and later, has not been identified. The first Walton Bridge was opened in 1750 and the present Walton Bridge Road was laid out about the same time. The owner of the bridge built the timber Walton Bridge House before 1769. The Duke of Newcastle, whose estate was opposite to it, bought the building to prevent it becoming a public house and 'fitted it up for an object to his terrace and let it for an assembly house'.

He soon tired of it and sold it. It had disappeared by 1865, and for some years another house by the bridge has carried the same name. The bridge was replaced in 1863 by another which was still standing in 1958 but had been superseded four years earlier by a 'semi-permanent' structure along side it. In 1842 Gaston Bridge Road was laid out to the west of the old road from Gaston Bridge to Walton Ferry, and Laleham Road and Green Lane date from the same time. The Weybridge Ferry was in existence by 1862, when Ferry Lane, which leads to it, was made. New Road was built as part of a diversion made necessary by the construction of Queen Mary Reservoir.